Got Questions? We’ve Go Answers!
Don’t know your banya from your saunas? Have questions about Izba Spas? Our most common questions are answered below but ever hesitate to call if you have additional questions about our services and appointments.
We follow all of the State’s health and safety guidelines. Izba is using a hospital-grade sanitizer specially designed for spas between every appointment. We are spraying down all surfaces and spaces used between every treatment. Our staff will also be sanitizing all materials used in treatments, wearing masks, and washing hands often. Our staff also ensure they are symptom-free and do temp checks daily.
We are taking the safety and health of our clients and staff very seriously.
Guest Travel Safety confirmation
- Izba guests must not have traveled out of the state of Colorado 14 days before the treatment day. If you have traveled within the 14-day window, a negative COVID-19 test completed within Colorado five days after return will suffice.
Arrival at 1441 York, what to expect:
- When you arrive for your treatment, please have your face mask on and knock on the front door to notify the door attendant that you are here.
- You will be let into the building by the attendant.
- The attendant will take your temperature and ask a shortlist of questions about symptoms.
- Please observe the 6-foot physical distancing protocol.
- If there is a line waiting, please use the blue spots marked on the ground outside the front gate.
- If there is no answer at the front door, please call the spa at (303) 321-1239.
- We will do our best to be waiting for you at the front door to escort you down to the spa.
- If there is a delay, please keep in mind that we may be busy cleaning.
- We will meet you at the front door as soon as we are able!
FACE COVERINGS ARE REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES IN THE BUILDING AND DURING TREATMENT; with only three exceptions during spa sessions:
- When you are face down on the massage table
- When you are in the Hot Tub
- When you are in the Banya, a cold, wet cloth will be provided in place of a mask for comfort and safety
- After your treatment, you will pay for your service, and Izba staff will escort you out of the building.
A current July 7, 2020, or later COVID-19 informed consent must be on file or brought to Izba before service can begin.
- Fill out the client intake form for new clients; or previous clients if it has been 12 months since your last visit. Please review the form ahead of time, so the check-in process runs as smoothly as possible.
- Required Compliance with Colorado and Denver Public Health Orders:
- All clients and guests who confirm and show up for appointments must agree to comply with the required
- State Public Health Orders (PHO) and Izba Spa health and safety requirements.
- If you do not want to comply or cannot comply, we ask that you cancel at least 24 hours in advance.
- All guests must follow the PHO requirements while in the building. Our staff reserves the right to refuse service to anyone not following the PHOs. Canceled sessions due to noncompliance will result in full charge for the cost of the appointment.
- We have a strict 24-hour cancellation policy. We understand that things come up. Please understand the cost required to reserve your time in a comfortable spa room, schedule your therapist, and exclude other customers’ appointments based on your reservation.
- For cancellations with less than the required 24-hour notice or no-show guests, the spa will charge the credit card on file for the full treatment cost.
- These charges are required because Izba must pay therapists for the therapy time that you reserved.
- Other customers were turned away based on your reservation. The facilities you reserved had the sauna room and hot tubs heated. Our expert therapists were on site just for you and we reserved a comfortable spa room just for you.
If you develop symptoms before your appointment:
- If you have symptoms upon arrival or at any point before your scheduled time, PLEASE let us know.
- We prefer that you do not bring any symptoms with you to your treatment. We will be as understanding as possible and will work with you as best as we are able. However, in emergency cancellation situations, if we cannot fill the spot, you may be charged a cancellation fee to cover the compensation to our therapists.
If you have any questions or concerns:
- Please email us or give us a call at 303-321-1239.
How should I prepare my body for a treatment at Izba Spa?
- Be well hydrated. If drinking enough water is regularly difficult for you, be intentional about hydrating for 24 hours before your appointment, and everyone should drink at least 8 oz of water before starting your treatment. We will provide filtered water throughout the treatment as well.
- Do not let your stomach be too empty or too full. It is ideal to have a meal 3 hours before your treatment, and if you are hungry right before your appointment, just have a piece of fruit or energy bar to curb your hunger. If your appointment is first thing in the morning, be sure to drink water, avoid excess caffeine, and have a small and simple breakfast.
- Do not consume alcohol within 24 hours of your appointment. Being intoxicated or hungover can lower your tolerance for the heat and make you dehydrated. Intoxication is also a contraindication for massage. We also do not allow alcohol on the premises so your treatment will end immediately if it is found in the treatment rooms. Safety first!
Dehydration, intoxication, and a full stomach can all result in lowering blood pressure and blood sugar, headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, and loss of consciousness. Our therapists do our best to check in with you to see how you are feeling, but preparing your body beforehand will help us provide you with the safest and enjoyable experience possible.
How to best support your body after your treatment at Izba Spa:
- Drink plenty of water for the 24 hours following. It replenishes the water lost through sweating and continues the flushing of toxins
- Eat a nourishing healthy meal that isn’t too heavy.
- It is not ideal to consume alcohol following a treatment, but we understand that many of our clients enjoy dining out including a drink or two. Please be sure to drink moderately and be drinking plenty of water in addition to your drink of choice to avoid a headache, nausea, and dehydration
There are a few options for parking. There is a parking lot on the south side of the building that accepts credit cards and costs $1 per hour. There is also free street parking on York street and metered parking on Colfax Ave.
Once you’ve entered the building head straight down the stairs. Turn left halfway down the stairs. There are signs pointing you to Izba Spa as you walk through the Manton Massage Clinic. You will find the sitting area for Izba Spa at the end of the winding hallway. Come down the steps of the spa and reception will be on the left. Once you find us, it will be worth it, we promise!
Each room is your own private oasis and includes a space for massage, a banya (Russian steam bath), a hot tub, and a shower.
Ultraviolet (UV) light and hydrogen peroxide are used in all hot tubs to provide you with sparkling clean water. Chlorine is not used in the hot tubs. They are also completely drained, cleaned, and refilled 2-3 times per week and hydrogen peroxide levels are checked daily.
This is completely up to you! Your room is private and you are free to be without a swimsuit in the hot tub as long as you and the person you are with are comfortable. When a therapist is present during the massage and the banya, you will be draped appropriately with towels the entire time.
All you absolutely need to bring is your wonderful self ready to relax and experience all things Izba! We provide filtered water, towels, shampoo, conditioner, and body wash in the treatment rooms. We also provide you with herbal tea and fruit in the lobby after your treatment. If you care to bring a bathing suit, flip flops, or your own shower products, feel free to do so!
Yes please! You must have your GC with you in order to use it as payment for your treatment. If you do not have it with you, we will have to take payment for your treatment and then refund you once you bring your GC back to us. You will also need your GC handy at the time of booking the appointment as we will need information from it.
We have a strict 24 hour cancellation policy. We understand that things come up, but we may need to charge you the full cost of your treatment due to the high demand of or facility and needing to compensate our therapists for being present for your treatment. We require having a credit card number on file in order to book an appointment, and will need to charge for the full cost of the treatment for clients that do not show without notice.
Our banya treatments are “home style” not “communal.” It is a 2 person steam bath where you will lay down and relax for 10-15 minutes while your massage therapist does all the work! As you heat up, your therapist will pour a mixture of water and therapeutic essential oils over the hot rocks creating a steam that allows the oils to permeate the room. Once you break a sweat, the bundles of oak leaves, or venik, will be shaken and heated over the rocks and be used to move the hot steam to your body. They will then be brushed and tapped along the body to deliver more heat, furthering detoxification and relaxation. Next, honey is applied for its skin healing and moisturizing properties. Last but not least, a cool bucket of water is poured over the body as a boost to the immune system, to better circulation, and for a quick cool down.
We love to accommodate anyone who is willing to give the banya a try! Whether you don’t tolerate heat well, or don’t do well in confined spaces, we can accommodate you. Even though the banya experience is all about testing your limits and leaving renewed, we also want you to feel safe and satisfied. We can open the window, provide you with a cold wet cloth, and give you plenty of water to drink. It is our goal to give you the safest and most satisfying experience possible.