How should I prepare my body for a treatment at Izba Spa?
- Be well hydrated. If drinking enough water is regularly difficult for you, be intentional about hydrating for 24 hours before your appointment, and everyone should drink at least 8 oz of water before starting your treatment. We will provide filtered water throughout the treatment as well.
- Do not let your stomach be too empty or too full. It is ideal to have a meal 3 hours before your treatment, and if you are hungry right before your appointment, just have a piece of fruit or energy bar to curb your hunger. If your appointment is first thing in the morning, be sure to drink water, avoid excess caffeine, and have a small and simple breakfast.
- Do not consume alcohol within 24 hours of your appointment. Being intoxicated or hungover can lower your tolerance for the heat and make you dehydrated. Intoxication is also a contraindication for massage. We also do not allow alcohol on the premises so your treatment will end immediately if it is found in the treatment rooms. Safety first!
Dehydration, intoxication, and a full stomach can all result in lowering blood pressure and blood sugar, headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, and loss of consciousness. Our therapists do our best to check in with you to see how you are feeling, but preparing your body beforehand will help us provide you with the safest and enjoyable experience possible.
How to best support your body after your treatment at Izba Spa:
- Drink plenty of water for the 24 hours following. It replenishes the water lost through sweating and continues the flushing of toxins
- Eat a nourishing healthy meal that isn’t too heavy.
- It is not ideal to consume alcohol following a treatment, but we understand that many of our clients enjoy dining out including a drink or two. Please be sure to drink moderately and be drinking plenty of water in addition to your drink of choice to avoid a headache, nausea, and dehydration